Friday, January 18, 2008

Dreading and Sledding

More Sledding
On Sunday, the 13th the fam decided to go sledding again, but this time up on our cousin’s property. Reesie went to Grandma Lauri’s and Grandpa Wayne’s for some one on one alone (read: spoiled) time while we hit the hill for a few hours. Sledding was fun for us although Henry wondered out loud many times why Reesie couldn't be there with us. In the end, he decided on his own that she was to scared to sled.

Henners got a kick out of riding up the hill on a snowmobile for valet service with Uncle Jake and Derrek. Towards the bottom of the hill it got slow enough that when we would sled down with him, we could jump off and let him continue alone. He thought that was pretty cool. He kept saying that he was like Cody from Surf’s Up (CG Animated movies about a penguin that surfs). Henry’s sled is reminiscent of a surf board so, to borrow a term, he was pretty stoked.

Most of the time I hiked up and down the hill to get a little bit of a work out. Toward the end of the day, Uncle Derrek took us up to the top in the Snow Cat. Henry was beside himself with happiness. He called it a snow tractor snd he grinned the whole way up the hill. To give you an idea of how big the hill we climbed and subsequently sled down was – the final run took us 7 minutes to get to the bottom of the hill!!


Losin’It
Okay, I’m doing it and making it official by writing about it and sending it into internet space for people to read. I’m going to try to lose a little holiday weight (circa 1999) (finally) and get healthier this year. My writing this down will hopefully keep me honest and focused! I’ve been doing my cardio and light weights and eating healthier so we’ll see how this goes. A guy at work even introduced me to this kale shake that I make for the mornings. It sounds dreadful, but I have to say, it’s actually quite good. I even find myself craving them. Jeremy drinks them sometimes too! The shake consists of an apple, a banana, water, ice, kale leaves, spinach leaves and fresh mint. I won’t lie, it’s kind of chunky and bright green, but it’s so good for you and keeps me full until (and kind of during) lunch!

Back to Work
Monday I started back to work again. Bummer. So far, my first week was delightful, though. The marketing staff was so happy to be back together that we ate lunch out 3 days during the week! Yikes! I must blame myself for the third day out though. I arrived at work at 8:00 am craving Indian food and demanding that our staff go out with me. Luckily, they did and I didn’t have to go it alone.

I definitely forgot how working three days outside the home makes my two days at home just fly by! Other observations about work?

The fluorescent lights at work are giving me a headache.
Everyone walks really fast at work.
My eyes need to be retrained for the computer monitor.
I’m not used to hearing long, intense conversations…all at once.
I missed all my friends dearly and am so happy to see them again.
I’ve forgotten almost all useful knowledge about how to be quick at my job.I actually kind of missed my job. Wow! Who saw that coming?

No comments: